As editor of Wedding Style File, I am always on the hunt for fresh ideas and inspiration, which typically involves scouring bajillions of blogs and websites each week. I usually dig up more gems than I have time to post about, which is why I’ve decided to introduce a brand new feature on Wedding Style File! On the weekends, when Wedding Style File is re-charging its battery, I’ll be sharing some of the little things I’ve spotted lately that interest, intrigue or inspire me, wedding-related or otherwise. I hope you enjoy the first installment of Sunday Assortment!
1. Phenomenal vow renewal via Snippet & Ink: A bride and groom who have been married almost seven years decided to inscribe their wedding vows on the walls of their house — currently undergoing renovation — which would then be painted over and transformed into a hidden treasure. “I had this dream that our house was falling down hundreds of years from now and the new owners saw some writing behind the layers of paint,” says the bride. “As they started to peel back the layers, they saw our vows.” Bonus: The bride and groom slipped back into their old wedding attire and had the occasion documented!
2. Real-life desserts inspired by the works of Wayne Thiebaud would make an irresistible addition to a wedding of modern art affectionados!
3. Brilliance by way of Brandon Chesbro
4. A remarkable still life photo shoot by British set designer Sarah Parker and photorapher Micheal Bodiam captures the everyday diets of Olympic athletes. From TrendLand: “Creating oversize paper settings with miniature-looking real food products, each plate represents a specific diet.” Pictured below: the 2,282 calorie diet of a 17-year-old female artistic gymnast.
5. The always incredible Banksy!
6. Anne Hathaway does Holly Golightly for Vogue (October 2010)