Hello friends! I know, I know, it’s been ages since my last post. Running a wedding blog (or any blog, come to think of it) requires an enormous amount of time, effort and energy which I will try to dedicate more of in the coming year. It’s not always easy, especially when you’re writing for other people, which I’ve been doing a lot of over the past few months. I feel so blessed and fortunate for the opportunity to write about a topic I am so completely nuts about for one of the most creative bridal publications in Canada (more about that in a moment!) However, I will admit it’s been difficult to come home and work on my blog afterwards because most days I feel like I’ve used up my quota of creative juices before I can even get my hands on Wedding Style File. I know that’s a pretty lame excuse but it’s also the truth: I love all my readers and want to keep it real. In any case, that’s the reason. I sincerely apologize for being negligent, especially since I have some fantastic new vendors and blog posts waiting for you! Before we dig in to the meat and potatoes, however, I wanted to get you all caught up, since so much has happened in my absence!
1. I completed a four-month internship at Weddingbells, during which time I served as Online Editorial Assistant and got to write a whole lot of original wedding content. It was an absolute dream and I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to work behind the scenes at a major wedding magazine. And boy is it buzzing! The Weddingbells team is such a creative, inspiring bunch and I am so happy to have met Alison, Nicole, Rosie and all the other wonderful girls involved with this phenomenal publication. No one had a bigger influence on my experience, however, than Jen, Weddingbells’ Online Editor, who became my mentor and provided more warmth, encouragement and guidance than I could have ever hoped for. In addition to being a remarkably talented writer and editor, she is also the backbone of the entire Weddingbells website and it was an absolute honour and privilege to work with her.
2. Although my internship has now come to an end (*sniff*), I will still be contributing a weekly post to Weddingbells.ca. I feel so honoured for the opportunity to continue working with the wonderful girls I got to know during my time as an intern and to still have Weddingbells be a small part of my life. Jen and I have come up with some really, REALLY good stuff, so keep your eyes peeled on Weddingbells.ca in the coming weeks. You can see all of my Weddingbells posts here. Here are some of the biggies that have been published lately:
- Never-Before-Seen Winter Wedding Ideas
- Your Guide to Canadian Bridal Designers
- 50 Unforgettable Wedding Invitations
- 15 Fresh Wedding Cakes Inspired by Everyday Items
- Steal Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake’s Wedding Style
- 30 More Outrageously Original Wedding Ideas Your Friends (Still) Haven’t Thought of
3. New year, new career! (Well, sort of). I am thrilled to be joining a local floral shop and learning floral design, which I will begin in the next couple weeks. Expect to see a lot more flower-related posts around here!
What about Wedding Style File?
I have a number of changes planned for the New Year which you will see reflected on Wedding Style File: the biggest is that the posts will likely be more sporadic. When I started Wedding Style File, I was working as a freelance social media consultant out of my apartment in Tel Aviv and was able to basically run this thing as a full-time gig. However, since returning to my native Toronto and jumping head-first into the local wedding industry, I don’t have the same time that I used to to dedicate to Wedding Style File. This absolutely does not mean the blog will be going anywhere. In addition to everything else, Wedding Style File has become a coveted creative outlet for me, and I look forward to sharing so many more wedding ideas and inspiration with you here.
However, it is difficult for me to predict my future posting activity, since running a blog requires researching posts, writing posts, sourcing images for posts, scheduling posts, promoting posts and generally revolving your entire life around posts. Although I can’t anticipate what exactly I will have time to do with Wedding Style File going forward, I can guarantee that if I think of some ingenious new wedding idea or discover a local vendor who really knocks my socks off, you will hear about it.
Much more, extremely soon.